Service & Repair
Service, Repair & Parts
- Garage Door Installation – This includes the installation of a new garage door, the door itself, the track, cables, springs, hinges, handles, locks and rollers. It is the complete service and installation of a new door. Overhead Door Company of Portland will inspect all parts, make adjustments to fit your garage opening, and service all elements during the installation process.
- Garage Door Replacement – Includes all of the services of Garage Door Installation with the added benefit of us hauling away your old garage door.
- Electric Garage Door Openers – Service and repair of the electric garage door opener itself, including the lift mechanism that pulls the door up and guides it down. This is typically not part of the garage door itself and is serviced and repaired on its own interval. Typical service includes inspection, repair, adjustment, and lubrication if needed. Also, we typically inspect the mounting of the unit as well as its attachment to the door itself.
- Repair All Brands of Existing Openers – We carry a wide variety of parts so that we can repair and service your garage door opener.
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Replacement – A torsion spring generates energy by being wound around a shaft rather than stretching to provide lift of the door. This can be a very dangerous repair for an untrained person. We recommend calling one of our technicians to your home to repair or service anything having to do with your springs.
- Repair Off-Track Garage Doors – Service and repair of rollers that have come out of their guide tracks. When the door is at risk of falling or collapsing be sure to give us a call.
- Repair Sagging Garage Doors – As doors and homes age, they can shift and move and can result in a garage door that needs to be realigned or reinforced. We will send a technician to your home to adjust the doors and to inspect the entire opening to make sure the door isn’t damaged. Once we understand the problem, we will fix the needed parts and make any adjustments to the door.
- Garage Door Panel Replacement – It is possible for a section of your door to be damaged while the rest of the door is fine. At Overhead Door Company of Portland we can replace just one section rather than the entire door.
- Garage Door Roller Replacement – The guide wheel sometimes will leave the tracks. These can be replaced when they are old and have worn out or simply upgraded to nylon rollers to run quieter.
- Garage Door Cable and Broken Spring Replacement – Cables and Springs are oftne packaged together. The cable is used to connect the spring to the door and they can rust or wear out over time. Overhead Door Company of Portland is on call and can replace these as needed.
- Garage Door Tune-up and Safety Inspections – This is a comprehensive check up, where our technicians will evaluate, make minor adjustments, minor repairs and lube the door. This adds to the life of the door if done on an annual basis. Be sure to check out our maintenance program for more information.
- Wireless Key Pads – Sometimes the battery operated remotes need programming or repair. Our technicians can help you reset these or you can read instructions for keypad programming here on our website.
- Additional Remotes – If you are in need of additional remotes, our service technicians are happy to help you program to match your current garage door opener.
Service & Repair
Your Garage Door can be the hardest working component on your home. After years of welcoming you home, it may be time to repair and replace elements of your garage door.
Overhead Garage Door of Portland™ offers the following Repair services:
- Spring Replacement
- Small Part Replacement (rollers, hinges, cables, door track, etc.)
- Motor Replacement
- Door Repair or Replacement (section or full door)
Should you need additional information please contact our customer service department at 1-800-275-6187. Or check out some of these videos.