Aluminum Garage Doors
For today’s contemporary homes, modern aluminum garage doors are an eye-catching, original look. Made from durable corrosion-resistant aluminum frames and light-filtering glass, the modern aluminum doors use crisp lines and a sleek design to create a compelling element of your home.
Our aluminum garage door model 511 features a standard frame with a narrow width, an array of frame finishes, and special custom options in door sizes up to 16’ wide.
Our aluminum garage door model 521 features a wide, heavy-duty frame, an array of frame finishes, and special custom options in door sizes up to 20’ wide. In addition, it offers a joint seal between sections which provides additional weather resistance. Model 521 can be fitted to meet wind load building requirements.
These models combine contemporary elegance with maximum light infiltration to produce an inviting, modern garage space.
Benefits of Aluminum Garage Doors
Benefits of aluminum garage doors include:
- A full-view aluminum garage door is lightweight and allows for natural lighting in your garage depending on the type of glass you choose for the panels.
- Installing aluminum garage doors increase curb attractiveness.
- Low maintenance. Maintaining an aluminum garage door isn’t as costly and frequent as other door materials.
- It can be insulated to improve energy efficiency.
- Aluminum garage doors are environmentally friendly. It can be recycled when the door’s lifespan expires.
What are the Pros of Aluminum Garage Doors
Pros of aluminum garage doors include:
- Increased curb appeal. Upgrading an outdated or run-down garage door will improve the home’s overall appearance. Aluminum produces an impressive look when mixed with glass panels and other components. It also adds a modern element to the home.Modern aluminum garage doors offer sleek designs and allow natural light to enter the space. Overall, an aluminum garage door increases your curb appeal, which can, in turn, increase your property value.
- Durability. With aluminum garage doors you do not have to choose between durability and design. Aluminum garage doors have anti-corrosive and weather-resistant properties, making them perfect for areas with significant rainfall and snowfall. Its sturdiness makes it less prone to wind damage and dents.
- Customizable. We offer lots of customization options for our modern aluminum garage doors. Door frame options can include powder coating, allowing you to select from multiple colors. You can also choose a texture and shade that works perfectly with your exterior design. Other aluminum garage door options include insulated, tempered, acrylic, or solid aluminum, translucent, clear, and textured glass panels.
- Made in the United States. Aluminum doors from the Overhead Door Company of Portland are assembled and manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska. Guaranteeing a high-quality and customizable garage door.
What are the Cons of Aluminum Garage Doors
Like anything else, aluminum garage doors have their cons, such as:
- Cost. Aluminum garage doors can be costlier than other garage door types due to the cost of materials. Factors that affect the cost of installing modern aluminum garage doors include:
- Size of the door. The bigger the garage door, the pricier the installation.
- Door brand. Garage doors come in multiple brands, some relatively affordable, while others are more expensive.
- Garage door opener. Each garage door requires a different opener which varies in cost depending on quality and brand.
Maintenance and Upkeep for Aluminum Garage Doors
One of the primary characteristics of modern aluminum garage doors is that it requires low to zero maintenance. While aluminum garage doors are typically a combination of glass and aluminum, they are the best maintenance-free, even in harsh environments.
Superior Aluminum Garage Doors from Overhead Door Company of Portland
Are you looking to install a modern aluminum garage door in Portland or the surrounding areas? At Overhead Door, we supply and install top-of-the-line modern aluminum garage doors designed for strength, durability, energy efficiency, cost efficiency, and improved curb appeal. Contact us or call today at 503-252-5111 to learn more or install superior aluminum garage doors in the Portland and Vancouver area.
Features & Options
Door Design Options
Garage Door Designs
Colors & Features
Clear anodized finish comes standard, while dark bronze and black anodized finishes are also available. You can choose from 188 powder coat color options in order to best match your home. Actual door color may vary slightly from the digital representation above. Color samples are available by request through your local Overhead Door Distributor.
Glass Door Panel Options
Available in a variety of vertical rail widths and horizontal stile widths to complement the style of your home.
Solid aluminum panels
Available for a unique, distinctive look.
An array of glass choices are available (both insulated and non-insulated) including: double strength, obscure, satin, laminated white, low E, tempered, tinted, clear polycarbonate, multi wall polycarbonate and clear acrylic.
Wind load (Model 521)
Can be fitted to meet wind load building requirements.
Model 511 – Standard, narrow rails and stiles. Integrated stiffening struts. Strong, light-weight struts are included in the design of the rail assembly to enhance durability.
Model 521 – Heavy duty, wide rails and stiles. Commercial-grade aluminum frame. Low-maintenance and corrosion resistant.
Model 511 – 16 ft.
Model 521 – 20 ft.
Integrated stiffening struts
Strong, light-weight struts are included in the design of the rail assembly to enhance durability
Hinges and fixtures are galvanized to maintain a contemporary look.
Our WindStorm™ wind load rated system is available on selected products in order to meet regulations for a wide range of wind speeds. This makes certain that your door complies with even rigorous building codes and can withstand a variety of wind conditions and speeds, including hurricane-forces.
Windows & Hardware
A variety of glass options are available including: clear, obscure, and satin.
- Laminated White – privacy
- Low E Glass* – thermal efficiency
- Tempered Glass – enhanced safety
- Tinted Glass* – color options: Green, Grey, Bronze
- Clear Lexan® Polycarbonate* – shatter resistant
- Multi Wall Polycarbonate – superior strength with UV protection; color options: Clear, White, Bronze
- Plexiglas® Acrylic* – shatter resistant
Monday - Friday
7:30am - 5pm
Most people lose or misplace items on a regular basis - and the garage door opener is not immune. Not only is it more common than you may think, but it is also exactly as annoying and frustrating as you might expect. Even if your opener always stays in your car, it...