Why a garage door with windows is always a smart choice
It’s time to replace your garage door, and you’re overwhelmed by the options. When it comes to picking a new garage door, it’s essential to consider your own needs as well as the climate in Portland. One of the most basic decisions you’ll need to make when shopping is whether or not your garage door should have windows. If you’re not convinced that windows are a necessity, check out five reasons why they’re always a smart choice.
Do You Need a Garage Door With Windows?
Garage doors are available in dozens of different styles and configurations. Of course, you’ll be focused on finding a door of the right size and architectural style. As you shop, remember that choosing extra features such as windows can make a big difference in the usability and value of your garage door. Windowed doors can:
- Add natural light. Windowed garage doors allow plenty of natural light to enter your space. This means that you won’t have to rely on light bulbs that drive up your electricity bill when you need to find something in your garage during the day. Natural light can also help scare away pests that like to hide in very dark garages.
- Show off your toys. If you keep collectible vehicles in your garage, you may want to show them off to the neighborhood. There’s no better way to do so than by choosing a windowed door. After all, windows will allow everyone to see in but will prevent damage from the elements and passersby.
- Have a window on the weather. You probably peak outside before you head to the garage to start your car in the morning. However, all Portland denizens know that the weather can change in an instant. Having windows in your garage means that you’ll know exactly what kind of weather you’re headed into every day.
- Your garage door makes a big impact on your home’s overall appearance. The garage door accounts for more than 30% of the front of some homes, meaning that it can make a huge difference in the overall look of your home.
- Boost your home’s value. Choosing a garage door that improves the appearance of your home does more than just increase aesthetic value. It can also increase the actual monetary value of your home. Remember to choose a door that is both sturdy and attractive to get the biggest bang for your buck.
Choosing a new garage door means evaluating your needs and considering what extra features will improve your home’s usability and appearance. Contact us at Overhead Door Company of Portland today to learn more about your windowed garage door options.